Principles help you make difficult decisions. Sometimes you have to decide between pushing yourself to the limit and just feeling good.
I want to help you make that decision.
- Technique should be a 10 out of 10.
- Your body should warm up.
- Endurance is a goal.
- Cardiovascular health is a goal.
- Your muscles should activate and burn.
- You should avoid end ranges of motion.
- Slow your lifting tempos: lowering, raising, and transitioning.
- You’re probably going to shake and twitch.
- Push ups are therapy.
- Single leg movements are therapy.
- Get the outer, lower abs.
- Try all sorts of stuff. Bodyweight exercises are helpful.
- Remember to eat well, sleep fully, and have fun.
- You should be very uncomfortable. Push yourself.
- Technique is important, but doesn’t need to be a 10 out of 10.
- Lift with maximal intent, whether light or heavy.
- Train your weaknesses.
- Have a monthly training goal and a plan to accomplish that goal.
- Get tight and hold your breath.
- Grind through reps if you need to, but try not to miss any.
- Total change doesn’t happen overnight.
- Remember to eat well, sleep fully, and enjoy what you do.