The best coaches out there are hungry and reflective. They’re always pushing themselves because they understand that fitness is intricate, and they don’t want to fall behind. These are the types of coaches I like working with in my fitness mentoring program.
Constantly improving is not easy. Not by a long shot, really. But it’s faster with someone else’s help. If you’re like me, you hate feeling left out or behind the curve. Let’s work together to make sure that doesn’t happen.
Coaching is Complex
It’s important to realize that there are so many things we must consider:
- energy systems development
- periodization throughout a macrocycle
- psychology of behavior change
- volume and load management
- logistics of program writing
- dispelling pervasive myths that confuse your clients
That’s just what came to mind in the last sixty seconds.
Heck! You even need to help clients select equipment for their home gym!
We’re in the Age of Information. The best skill you can develop these days is to learn what DOESN’T matter, then throw it away.
I had people begging me to start a fitness mentoring program, and, after a private trial run, I’ve decided to release it to the public.
Presenting: Fitness Mentoring Program
My Fitness Mentoring program is…
- For the professional whose fitness business is in danger (especially scary during a pandemic)
- For the coach who doesn’t have any mentors or peers in their area (not everyone is weird like us)
- For coaches who need help identifying their strengths and weaknesses (the first rule of self-improvement is know thyself)
- For coaches who need help figuring out what the hell they should do (particularly difficult in the age of information)
- For coaches who have hit a plateau in their careers. Some have tons of experience with little science background, while others fail to implement the theory know so well. The secret sauce is balance (or maybe more accurately — dynamic equilibrium)
- For coaches with little work experience (get up and running!)
- For people who just love working out and want to know the inner workings of everything! Curiosity never harmed anyone (except, allegedly, The Cat)
- For the graduate who regrets the time they wasted in school (and wants to make up for it)
- For the intellectual who wants to bounce ideas off of someone else (brainstorming is one of the most effective ways to collaborate)
- For the coach who wants to learn more anatomy than they ever got in school (universities avoid speculation, but sometimes it’s necessary to think through human movement if you want to coach anything)
- For the coach who hates not knowing the answer (you’ll have to get used to it, but it sure is a strong motivator)
Poor Candidates for This Type of Fitness Mentoring
This fitness mentoring program is likely not a great choice for you if…
- You have absolutely no experience in the gym (form an exercise habit first, then get back to me)
- You want one-on-one calls (I offer those at $150/hour; contact me)
- You need help managing your pain (I may be able to help you find someone; contact me)
- You are looking for highly personalized training (that’s a different program; fill out my application to get started)
- You are looking for fun group training you can do at home (check out the schedule at Daily Home Fitness)
Compliments from Mentees
I think you’re the best coach/teacher out there. Your perspectives and ideas are so approachable and have made me such a good coach.
-Greg Hepper, Mastermind Client
Thank you for everything in 2017. In 2018, I wish you further expand your site, the size of your mastermind students. Knowing you was one of the most important things happened to me in 2017. Lucky me.
Hope that we keep working together for a long time in 2018.
-Tai Nguyen, Mastermind Client
The Specifics – what is this program?
- You get access to a private website which I built just for this program
- You submit up to two questions each week (publicly or privately) in the website
- Every Monday, I answer each person’s weekly questions
- You’ll receive a notification email when each answer is ready
- You can view not only the questions you’ve asked, but also any of the hundreds asked publicly from other mentees
- Cost: $14.99 – $19.99/week