I think you’re the best coach/teacher out there. Your perspectives and ideas are so approachable and have made me such a good coach.
-Greg Hepper, Mastermind Client
Thank you for everything in 2017. In 2018, I wish you further expand your site, the size of your mastermind students. Knowing you was one of the most important things happened to me in 2017. Lucky me.
Hope that we keep working together for a long time in 2018.
-Tai Nguyen, Mastermind Client
The best coaches out there are hungry and reflective. They’re always pushing themselves to do one thing: get better.
I believe that everyone can get better.
But it’s not easy. Not by a long shot, really.
It’s important to realize that there are so many things we must consider: energy systems development, periodization throughout a macrocycle, psychology of behavior change, volume and load management, logistics of program writing, macronutrients, micronutrients, and dispelling pervasive myths that confuse your clients.
And a ton of other stuff. That’s just what comes to my mind in the last sixty seconds.
We all have strengths and weaknesses. Success is easy if you embrace your strengths and bring up your weaknesses. In fact, the Goyke equation that outlines this:
SUCCESS = STRENGTHS – WEAKNESSES
(I made that up just so you know I’m joking)
So how do we bring up your strengths and weaknesses? Well, first, we have to identify them. There are a few ways we can do that: sometimes it just takes a quick talk, sometimes I prefer to test you.
After identifying them, we have to make sure you’re effectively utilizing your strengths while building up your weaknesses. The most painful thing I see when mentoring is a student trying to be someone they’re not. Don’t waste your life spinning your wheels.
After allocating focus, we need to get the logistics in place. These specifics — in my opinion — are undervalued. Without specifics, indecision will take over and become stagnancy. That’s a sure way to avoid progress.
After the logistics are in place, we need to implement. Easier said than done. Even the most motivated students have s*** that comes up. How you respond could make or break your program.
I had people begging me to do this, and, after a short trial run, I’ve decided to release it to the public.
Presenting… Mastermind Coaching Program for coach development
My Mastermind Coaching program is…
- For people who need help identifying their strengths and weaknesses (the first rule of self-improvement is know thyself. Only then can you become the person you want to be.)
- For people who need help figuring out what the hell they should do (particularly difficult in the age of information)
- For coaches who have hit a plateau in their careers. Some coaches have tons of experience with little science background, while other coaches fail to implement the theory they’ve studied so much. The secret sauce is balance (or maybe more accurately — dynamic equilibrium)
- For coaches with little work experience (get this quickly!).
- For people who just love working out and want to know the inner workings of everything! Curiosity never harmed anyone (except, allegedly, The Cat)
- For the graduate who regrets the time they wasted in school (and wants to make up for it)
- For the graduate who wants to bounce ideas off of someone else (brainstorming is one of the most effective ways to collaborate)
- For the coach who wants to learn more anatomy than they ever got in school (universities avoid speculation, but sometimes it’s necessary to think through human movement if you want to coach anything)
- For the coach who needs help deciphering the book they’re reading (sometimes you just need another example to finally ah-HA!)
- For the lifelong student who needs help figuring out their study system (I’ve done some experimenting that makes me look like a psycho so that you don’t have to)
- For the coach who doesn’t have any mentors or peers in their area (not everyone is weird like us)
- For the coach who hates not knowing the answer (you’ll have to get used to it, but it sure is a strong motivator)
Sign up now and get your first email on Monday!
- One email a week ($19.99/week)